Thursday, February 14, 2008

Loeffler Randall: Not so hot.....

I’ve had a chance to check out the much ballyhooed Loeffler Randall bag collection for Target….and frankly, I’m not that impressed. I bought the bag pictured below, but it’s still sitting in the trunk of my car and I will most likely be returning it. I want to love it – really I do! – but just can’t. While this bag looks great from afar, up close the faux leather material looks rather cheap. One might be better off getting the brown one, which has a richer, shiny patent-leather look. And the cream color is inconsistent; I saw several on the rack at Target that ranged from a true off-white to a yellowish gray. But most importantly, this bag isn’t constructed intelligently: the only closure is one snap in the middle, leaving two huge gaps on either side from which things can either fall out (or can be easily pick pocketed!). IMO, the Loeffler Randall line is a disappointment, and not nearly as chic as the Rafe line Target produced last year.

No comments: