Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Tuesday’s Rant: Merona Tights from Target

Each Tuesday I take the opportunity to rant about something I do NOT like about Target…..because although I love the store to death, they ain’t perfect. Today’s focus is on Merona Tights. Now I used to love these; back in the day, Merona’s quality was just as good as much pricier department store brands like DKNY. And their classic black opaque-style tights were just that: a TRUE (non-see through) pair of black tights. But a year or so ago, they changed dramatically: the quality went down, and the packaging changed. Instead of being “folded” with a cardboard wrapper, they now have a cardboard insert (which is hard to get out and can damage/snag/run the nylons when unwrapping them) in addition to a sticker wrapper that is hard to peel off. Memo to Target: please go back to the drawing board on this one, reformulate the product back to the way it was, and drop the unnecessary packaging.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

It looks they are phasing out the regular Merona tights. I love these tights. You can't beat them for the price. Even coverage, opaque and durable. I can only find a few pairs on clearance in each of the Target stores near me.

Oh well.