Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Tuesday’s Rant: The Vanishing Garden Center

Each Tuesday I take the opportunity to rant about something I do NOT like about Target…because although I love them to death, they ain’t perfect. To be honest, I first wrote about this topic several weeks ago, but it’s still got me miffed so it bears another mention. For some reason, Target has closed about half of its Garden Centers in the Bay Area. Now only select stores have a Garden Center, and there seems to be no rhyme or reason as to which ones get shuttered and which ones stay open. I have scoured the web for information but have found no explanation for this, nor has Target addressed the issue on their web site. All I know is that employees I’ve talked to tell me the lack of a Garden Center is their customers’ most frequent complaint these days. The Garden Center is especially missed this time of year, with Spring upon us and backyard landscaping projects beckoning. Heck, I miss the Garden Center so much that I’m willing to drive to a farther-away store to find one. But I wish Target would just listen to their customers and bring it BACK.

No comments: