Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Wednesday’s Rave: Target’s new online receipts

On Tuesdays I usually take the opportunity to rant about something I do NOT like about Target (because although I love them to death, they ain’t perfect). So surprise surprise when the rant I had planned to write about yesterday – something which had bugged me for a very long time – turned out to be fixed! I’m talking about the online return system at Target. Previously, if you bought something from Target’s web site, you had to go through not one step for online returns but TWO. First, you had to look up your account online and print out a “Return Receipt”. Problem is, for some bizarre reason this “receipt” did NOT include the item price. Bizarre, eh?? So then you had to go through a second step to print out the original “Invoice” for the purchase, which showed exactly what you paid for the item. Now you’re probably thinking “can’t they just scan the item at the register to find the price?”. Well yes, they can…..but the problem is that since you bought it, the item may have been discounted in that particular store. Which means you’d possibly get back LESS than what you paid for it. Again, crazy, I know, but their systems just didn’t seem to be in sync, and I repeatedly wondered WHY they just didn’t have the prices printed right there on the receipt. Well lo and behold, Target must have finally “gotten it”, because I noticed a new format for their online receipts the other day that finally includes a column for prices. So now there’s only one form to print out and bring along if you need to return something bought online to the store. Yippee!

No comments: