Sunday, July 6, 2008

Pick of the Week

It's pick of the week time: each Sunday I pick one great buy from Target's Weekly Ad and highlight it on my blog. Today's pick continues the beachwear theme from yesterday… only today, it’s the men’s turn. The hubby and I just came back from a lovely weekend in the Wine Country (Napa/Sonoma) and we stayed at a resort with a spa and pool. When it came time to go swimming, we retreated to our respective men’s/women’s changing rooms… and I wondered why the hubby was taking SO long to join me poolside. Well, it turns out that he’s lost SO much weight on his diet these past few months (25 pounds and counting, and kudos to him!) that his XL swim trunks were falling off him. Literally. He apparently had to get all “MacGyver” in the changing room and make a new (smaller) hole for the drawstring (with a ballpoint pen) so his trunks could be cinched enough to stay up! Which brings us to my pick of the week: men’s Merona swim trunks (pictured) are on sale for just $10 this week at Target. And Mossimo brand are only $12. Now personally, I like the Mossimo ones a little better: they’re cut more like traditional board shorts (meaning looser and longer) and have a bit more style and edgier patterns. Either way, you can outfit your man at the beach (or the pool) without breaking the bank.

No comments: