Sunday, July 20, 2008

Pick of the Week

It's pick of the week time: every Sunday I pick one great buy from Target's Weekly ad (in the Sunday paper) and highlight it here on my blog. Now it's hard to believe that it's getting to be back-to-school time already, but for those folks shipping kids off to college, it's time to think about what to buy Junior before he heads off for his higher education. Target has a whole slew of things advertised this week to help outfit the college freshman's dorm room. But what really caught my eye was this 51-piece Kitchen Starter set from Chefmate, which is perfect for the college-bound kid living in quarters with kitchen access. It's really does contain all the basics you'd need to cook and entertain: 4 Bowls, a 9.5" Frying Pan, 4 Chip Clips, 4 Dinner Plates, a Can Opener, Corkscrew, 20-pc. Flatware Set, 2.5-qt. Saucepan with Lid, and 4 Storage Containers (whew!). And at just $24.99 this week, this deal can't be beat.

Psst!: for more college-bound deals you won't find in the printed ad, check out these extra pages found only on Target.com. I especially loved this funky floor lamp; if I were going away to college now, I would totally get this for my dorm room.

No comments: