Wednesday, March 4, 2009

McQ for Target finally online!


For those of you who want to check out the full McQ for Target designer collection, it is finally available online. Pictured at left is the cotton trench coat I wrote about the other day with the strange sleeves - pegged and wrist length - which are mistakenly described on Target's web site as "long sleeves".

While I can picture some of these pieces (particularly the tops and leggings) on the likes of my teenage niece and my 22-year old Pilates instructor, I can't see myself in this line, so I'll be passing on it. I'd rather save my $$ anyhow for the Miss Trish of Capri sandal line that is due to hit Target early next month.

7 comments:

Myranda said...

As a 23 year old mad shopper, I find this line boring and shapeless. Take for instance a jumpsuite, which is supposed to hug your body in all the right places. The A.M. jumpsuit looks like a burlap sack on the model....and he wants $60????


Women are past the days when we were thankful to have any type of clothing at Target. We need more than what AM is bringing to the table.

Joanne said...

You are so right, I went to Target and checked it.I thought it is better to see IRL. BUT after seeing it. It is geared for the "youner ones" =). And yes, I am waiting for Miss Trish.

HoJo said...

I tried this jacket on. It wasn't bad on in person. For McQueen, this is a pretty underwhelming collection. He is usually more experimental. It was big 80s and bad fabric.

I see discounts for this. I was so hopeful for McQueen; sadly this was not it. I'm in my 40s but sent some 20 something friends to see. The love was lost.

Love your blog! Your Gemco reference as priceless.

Unknown said...

Man...McQ, no love, no love at all..

Unknown said...

So I went last night and checked out McQ.
I liked the new Merona collection stuff ALOT better. Have you seen this?

Myranda said...

I would much rather have Mossimo and Xhilaration.

Now what NEEDS to happen is Bitten (SJP's line that was at Steve & Barry's) needs to come to target.

How can we make that happen?

Target Addict said...

Gabrielle, I agree with you: give me Mossimo and Xhilaration any day over McQ!

And MH, I have seen the new "Merona Collection", and a couple of other readers have commented on it as well. I like it, too, and will try to dedicate a blog post to it next week.