Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Tuesday's Rant: rushing through the seasons


Most Tuesdays I take the opportunity to rant about something I do not like about Target… because although I love ‘em to death, they ain’t perfect. And apologies that this rant is a day late, but work's been crazy this week, leaving me little time to blog (among other things....).

Anyhow, this rant is about Target rushing through the seasons. I've voiced similar complaints before, but this is getting ridiculous. At least a week ago, all my local Target stores put their entire outdoor and patio furnishings department on clearance for 30% off. Now on the one hand, this is great; the stuff is on sale just at the time you really need to spruce up your patio, deck or backyard for summer. But on the other hand, think about it: the first day of summer was just a couple of days ago, and Target is already clearing out the department. Because as soon as this stuff goes - and I'm sure they're going to try and clear it out by the 4th of July - it's gonna be replaced with all the dorm essentials/back to school merchandise. I don't know about you, but I find this extremely frustrating. And it seems to me like Target is more guilty of rushing through seasonal cycles than other retailers, because I know I've bought patio furniture before from other stores that didn't put it on clearance until August. So good luck finding a BBQ brush at Target, because I bought the last one on the shelf last weekend.

No comments: