Saturday, September 26, 2009

Colored Jeans: Yay or Nay?


There's a new Nina Garcia (of Project Runway fame) video on Target's StyleBoutique, and this time she's focusing on colored jeans, which she thinks is "a great way to add a pop of color to your wardrobe".

You can check out the video here, and shown at left is the outfit that Karen - Nina's newest test subject - ends up with. While I think the look is great on Karen (a young college student) I don't think I'll be trying it myself. I actually think this look is a bit limiting, as it definitely makes the jeans the focus of the outfit. Meaning: everything else (except for the jewelry) needs to be needs to be neutral (like her gray t-shirt) or black. What about you folks out there? Is this a trend you'll try this season?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Though the color is beautiful, I may not try it yet. I thought I was being adventurous buying a brown pair.

Kelly said...

um...no way for me! I don't want to draw any attention to my bottom half!!

Unknown said...

I have denim in red and in brown. With the red, you really do have to keep everything else neutral.