Thursday, September 3, 2009

My review of Anna Sheffield for Target


Yesterday I was able to check out the Anna Sheffield for Target collection up close and in person. First off, contrary to what I wrote a couple of days ago, the actual pieces are bright, shiny, and look to be of very good quality… so I’m not so sure what’s up with some of the grainy pictures on Target’s web site.

Secondly, I have to give Target props for the unique packaging: the necklaces displayed on the counter where you can touch them (vs. the ones behind the case) are dangling from little clothes-hangers with Anna’s name on them! How fun is that? I thought this was a very cute and whimsical touch. Some of the pieces are quite delicate and seem made to be layered (as shown in this recent Target ad that appeared in Vanity Fair). This reminds me of how the Dominique Cohen for Target line was advertised and merchandised two years ago.

Now for the goods: overall, I liked everything I saw, although not everything was to my taste. I will probably end up getting these Ornate Drop Earrings in gold that were featured in this month’s InStyle Magazine under “Deals & Steals”. And I still want to get the Charm Necklace I mentioned in Monday’s post. But other than that, there’s nothing I HAVE to have. I do appreciate some of her clever designs with Victorian influences, such as this Cukoo Clock Ring or Scissor Locket, and although they are lovely, they just “aren’t me”.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Pretty! I need to start shopping for Christmas.

kbfenner said...

Hey, Target--If you're going to put things in cases, you need to have clerks to show them to me, or I won't buy them.

just sayin'

Target Addict said...

Hi KBFenner,
I agree with you! But my Target has a "buzzer" to ring a sales clerk to the jewelry counter, and they're usually pretty good at responding.

Unknown said...

Ugh, tell me about the lack of jewelry counter clerks! What's up with that?? You have to pay for the jewelry at the counter too, so it's not as though you can just go to the checkout with anything on the counter.

I've bought four or five pieces already. I'm a retired goth, so this stuff is totally up my alley.

Unknown said...

None of my local Targets have the collection in yet. I'm still waiting to see it.
Thanks for the review!

Bridget said...

I am really impressed with the collection. Everything is good quality and the design is cool. I have gotten a few pieces already.