Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Wednesday's Rave: these Xhilaration shoes


Regular readers of this blog will know that I recently embraced flats after years of wearing heels. My closet used to be filled with either 3"+ heels and boots - or athletic shoes - and nothing in between. But now that I've learned to love flats, my feet have thanked me.

Now these stylish pleated point-toe lovelies by Xhilaration - with their short 1" wedge - are technically not flats. But they're just as comfy as flats, and dare I say more so because of the slight heel which offers a bit more arch support. Best of all, they don't rub my heels in the back and need to be "broken in" like many flats I've tried. The color I bought is called "Metallic" (which I'd say is a cross between pewter and bronze) but it also comes in basic Black and Pale Gold.

PS: for a primer on the pros & cons of various heel heights, check out this article.

4 comments:

Marie said...

That's good to know- I ALWAYS have to break in shoes and they feel horrid in back. Will look at these with better expectation...
Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge

Target Addict said...

One note: they do run about 1/2 size small. For me it was no problem, as I'm between a 7 & 7.5 anyhow, so I just went for the 7.5.

Unknown said...

I LOVE these shoes!! I bought them on a whim walking thru Target one night, and I am tempted to go get another pair because I want to wear them ALL. THE. TIME. I bought the Metallic, but I'm thinking I need the gold as well...

Unknown said...

I tried these shoes on just last night at Target. They looked great with my jeans, but I ended up going with an $18 sundress instead! I love your blog!