Saturday, January 1, 2011

Farewell, 2010....and Hello, 2011!


Greetings, readers! Are you in a post-holiday daze like I am? Hopefully you all had a wonderful NYE, and are spending the day relaxing and recouperating.

In reflecting on 2010 and this blog, I realize that I have less to "shout about" than the previous year. Sure, I still love Target... but last year I did an entire post about my "favorite things", and this past year I felt the Bullseye fell short with some of their offerings and designer collaborations. To that end, this time I will just share with you my "best" and "worst" awards for 2010, and not an entire list.

First up, the worst thing I saw at Target during 2010. This item I actually just noticed in the last week or so, but it was SO bad that it inspired this post. Pictured at far left is the monogram apron from the Giada de Laurentiis line...and the embroidery job on this thing is SO awful that it's my pick for the worst. Seriously: I went through an entire stack of these in the store, and each one had poor, uneven, shoddy stiching. It's so bad that if I were Giada, I'd be embarrassed to have my name on it. And Target should be ashamed to sell something this bad.

The second is an amazing find that I'm naming the BEST Target had to offer for 2010. I intended to do a "Wednesday Rave" on these in December, but I just never got around to it. To give credit where credit is due, I first found out about these snazzy boots by way of Erin Gates on her blog, Elements of Style. The winner are these Mossimo "Katherine" boots that are a dead ringer for real Frye boots, but at a fraction of the price. I bought these boots, and can attest that they are both stylish AND comfy. Don't just take my word for it: check out the positive rating from over 300 customers on Target's site!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I am a fan of your blog and have benefited from the many great tips you've shared with us. One of the products you've introduced me to is the Lume Luxe candle line -- such a find! Well, my 2011 Target shopping started off auspiciously when I snagged the Lume Luxe limited edition holiday candles for $3.25 a piece today! The fragrances are Clementine & Clove and Vanilla Bean & Spice; both of them very lovely and perfect to burn this winter. They're normally $13.00. Hope other interested parties can score such a deal at their Targets! Happy New Year and thanks again for keeping us informed with your terrific blog. :)

hush said...

Amen, sister on the worst item! Who wants a monogram apron with someone else's monogram on it??!

My 2010 Target raves: The Kaden boot in Tan, The Reta pump in Teal, pretty much all of the Liberty of London swimwear and dresses for little girls, and the yummy smelling Caldrea line of hand soaps etc.