Monday, January 10, 2011

The Recipe File: Puerto Rican Chicken


Hello Readers! Welcome to what I hope to be a new semi-regular feature here on my blog, where I will try to pass on tried & tested (and yummy!) recipes based on an ingredient found at Target. First up is Rachael Ray's Puerto Rican Chicken, which I originally found in her magazine last year, but didn't get around to trying to make until this past weekend. This dish calls for Goya brand Spanish-style tomato sauce, which I went to (no lie!) 2 grocery stores, 2 gourmet markets, and 1 Spanish market for, with no luck. But guess where I found it? That's right: Target! [in the Hispanic foods section, in case you're curious].

You can find the full recipe here, and I can tell you it was a big hit with my family. I only altered the recipe in two ways: first, I added some red-pepper flakes when simmering the sauce to make it more spicy, and I also eliminated the potatoes (as I'm trying really hard to keep my new-year's resolution of my low-carb diet). This dish was both super-easy to prepare and delicious; kind of a twist on Chicken Cacciatore, but with an extra "kick". I'll definitely be making it again soon!

No comments: