Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Tuesday's Rant: check those receipts, and expiration dates!


On Tuesdays I sometimes take the opportunity to rant about something I do not like about Target… because although I love ‘em to death, they ain’t perfect. And today's rant is a double-rant, over two things I've recently witnessed at the Bullseye:

1 - As I've commented before, you need to check your receipts upon checkout, because more and more clerks keep making "mistakes". Three times now in the past month I've been double-charged for the same item. In fact just yesterday, I was charged for two Breathe-Right packs, when in fact I only bought one. This may sound trivial, but at almost $13 a pack, it adds up.

2 - Also, please check the expiration dates on food items. A couple of weeks ago, my mom bought a 4-pack of Activia yogurt... only to get it home and realize that it had expired back on February 10th :-(

4 comments:

Tina said...

I learned my lesson years ago. Ralphs used to sell expired items, I learned from them. So I always check expiration dates.

As for Target, I've been real lucky. I shop at 2 different Targets weekly and have never seen/had the expiration problem. Although, the double charge, I've had but the cashier has always caught it right away.

mommydearest said...

Ugh, the double-charge! Happens to me ALL.THE.TIME! And the cashier who is too lazy to scan each individual item - sometimes I buy different sizes or colors (they have different DPCIs) and then realize the cashier scanned one twice. Thankfully, so far they have been understanding at CS...

Marie said...

Expired food is totally worth a rant!Making people ill is inexcusable. You tell 'em.
Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge
E.Caffey handbag giveaway

Anonymous said...

I love Target too!

But I always tell EVERYONE to check their dates!

I've brought home expired food on SEVERAL occasions and it is SO frustrating!

And I try to watch them scan my items. But last night they got me. My Lysol Wipes rang up wrong, I noticed it after the transaction, so I went to Guest Services where it got messed up again! They returned the 2 full price ones, then re-rang them at the sale price and didn't deduct for my coupons! I didn't notice until I got home!