Saturday, August 27, 2011

Missoni for Target spotted in PA store 2 weeks early!


Racked.com has reported that an eagle-eye reader of theirs from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, found a Missoni for Target suitcase at her local store! She wrote:

Last night, I stopped by my Target and found this Missoni for Target suitcase mysteriously sitting in the middle of a random aisle. The collection isn't set to be released for another 2 weeks, but here's a closer look/sneak peek at the suitcase.

That's right: random pieces from the hotly-anticipated Missoni for Target collection - not scheduled to drop in stores until September 13th - are accidentally leaking onto selling floors at this Pittsburgh-area store. The tipster said she immediately purchased the suitcase (shown here) and listed it on eBay.... so if you really want the Missoni for Target rollaway suitcase before anyone else, check out her eBay listing here.

11 comments:

Elizabeth said...

All the Missoni stuff is probably sitting in the stock room at this very moment, and some stock person, probably just put it in with the rest of the suitcases while stocking. Target has no rhyme or reason sometimes. I'm still baffled with the John Darien line, that didn't quite get put out in our store.

Shelley said...

...her asking price is high enough to make me wait. I can't stand how target either puts their lines out early, so people snatch them up before hand, or how they won't put them out until a few days later. why bother advertising an actual date?

Literary Marie said...

Love the luggage piece, but not her price. I'll wait for the collection to hit stores on or around the release date.

jen said...

$200, for real? that's a bit ambitious. of course, someone will snatch it up because they just can't wait. is this item really going to retail at the store for $200? and like elizabeth stated in her comment, the items are all probably ready & waiting at many of our local targets.

Target Addict said...

I remember being able to snag a pair of Cynthia Vincent for Target sandals once before the "official" release date. There was ONE random pair I found sitting on the shelf, and it just happened to be in my size :-)

Mama Bear said...

$200 is totally reasonable. The retail price is $170 before tax.

Anonymous said...

Wow, guess I hadn't paid attention to the prices for this line. Not that I won't be purchasing some of it, but I can't justify spending that kind of dough on luggage that will be stained, ripped or worse the first time you actually fly with it.

Now I kind of want to stop by my local Target tomorrow to see if anything has leaked out...

Target Addict said...

UPDATE: it looks like the suitcase sold (after 10 bids) for $255. So if the retail price was $170, the seller made $85 in profit.

bev said...

I saw a Missoni for Target Weekender cosmetic bag at my Target today. It was $29.99. Can send you a pic if you like!

Target Addict said...

Hey Bev: no need to send a picture. I believe you!

Amalthea said...

My target had2 pair ofhe missoni ballet flats out on a shelf, but then were placed back in stock!! I begged them to sell'em but they said that Target HQ would come down on them like hellfire if they did!!

Wonder if the luggage seller's store got into any trouble??