Monday, September 26, 2011

Giada's Marinara Sauce voted #1


A year and a half ago, I reviewed Giada de Laurentiis' Vegetable Marinara Sauce (available exclusively at Target stores). And, I found it "bland and tasteless". So either I'm crazy, or I stand corrected, as Kitchen Daily just named it "The Best Marinara" (out of 30 brands tested) in a recent taste test. They deemed it "The hands-down winner. Fresh, full flavor" and "Very rich and complex flavor. Love it!" Maybe they've changed the formula, or maybe I need to give it another try. Or maybe I'm just spoiled by my Italian father's homemade recipe, I don't know :-)

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I grew up in an Italian house, where jar sauce was never heard of. I never knew it even existed until I started shopping on my own. I will not eat sauce from a jar. It all tastes like crap! There is nothing like home made. I don't even order pasta in restaurants because I never like their sauce.

Unknown said...

It is bland. the one that Target had that was GREAT, that you wrote about was that Archer Farms Arrabiata. They need to bring that back. It was amazing!

Target Addict said...

Mary: I know! I miss the Arrabiata, too. I wonder why they're not making the Archer Farms sauces anymore? I still see the AF pasta in stores, but never the sauce. Maybe it's because they're pushing the Giada sauce instead :-(