Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Couple to wed after meeting in Target's Black Friday line


According to Indiana's NBC affiliate 14 News, a Texas couple is getting married after meeting three years ago while waiting in Target's Black Friday line.

Trevor MacDonald and Jesse Pier-Felice were looking for a lot of things while sitting in the rain outside of a Hurst SuperTarget three years ago, but the one thing they weren't expecting to find was each other.

"He had this hoodie tied tight, and my mom dropped me off, and I was like, 'You're not leaving me here with this guy. He looks like a bum,'" Pier-Felice said.

After realizing the "bum" was actually a hard-working college student, Pier-Felice decided to give him a chance. The pair found themselves wrapped up in conversation for the next several hours and, when the doors finally opened at 6 a.m., they exchanged numbers.

"She text-messaged me the next day saying, 'Hey, Target Boy,'" MacDonald said. "That's what she used to call me -- 'Target Boy.'"

The couple's relationship began with casual phone calls and then a few dates. Two years later, MacDonald proposed. "After I proposed to her, the first place we went was Target and took some pictures of our engagement," he said.

MacDonald and Pier-Felice said what they found that cold November morning was better than any bargain they could've asked for. "Yes -- the ultimate Black Friday present; I got a good deal," MacDonald said.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

What a cute story!

Marie said...

I saw Target owes them at least a few place settings. Tres sweet.
Guess what? I got an email today saying a piece of my missoni order might ship. (shakes head).

Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge
I'm having a giveaway...

Target Addict said...

Marie: agreed! Target should at least get them SOMETHING. And OMG, you'll have to let me know if you actually get your Missoni stuff ;-)