Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Wednesday's Rave: Giada's Tuscan White-Bean Soup Starter Mix

I've noticed Giada's Tuscan-style White Bean and & Fire-Roasted Garlic Soup Starter Mix on the shelf several times at Target, and I finally got around to trying it.  And I've got to say it's pretty darn good!  Not to mention totally easy to make: all you do is brown a bit of pancetta or bacon, add 4 cups of chicken stock, plus the soup mix, and viola! Twenty minutes later you have a hearty soup you can make a meal out of.  At the very end, you add fresh spinach just until it wilts; you can also substitute kale or escarole.  And I topped mine with grated Romano cheese for some extra "zing".  This will definitely become a staple in my pantry once "soup season" (Fall and Winter) gets here.

1 comment:

Pamela said...

I'm a fan of both soups. I like that all the ingredients are natural and the flavor is so good! I keep several boxes in the pantry bc it's such a good and easy lunch/ meal.