Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Target posts lookbook for Neiman Marcus collab...

Target continues to hype the heck out of their upcoming Christmas collab with Neiman Marcus.  This morning they previewed a few of the items on Good Morning America, and GMA is also running a contest to win one of six of the items on their website.  Plus, A Bullseye View has posted the entire lookbook of all 50+ items in the collection, which you can view here.

I'll be honest: I flipped thru the entire lookbook just now and was underwhelmed.  This will not be a collection I will camp out for, nor wait up past midnight to go on sale online.  My faves so far?  Probably the Robert Rodriguez and Lela Rose offerings. I also like the dessert plates from Tory Burch (shown here) but as I told a close friend over the phone earlier today (after seeing them on the GMA show) I need another set of plates like I need a hole in the head.  I'm sure this collection will sell much better than Target's recent installment of The Shops concept, especially seeing that it falls during the holiday season.  But I for one will "pass" on this one.

9 comments:

joe, just joe said...

Wow! Thanks for posting this, some things look fantastic!

Val said...

Ditto Target Addict, I'm passing on this one as well- and here comes Target's aggresive marketing I mean, geez is not even Halloween, just simmer, Target!

Critifur said...

I have to also say I find I find nothing I would want. Especially considering Target's new Threshold line. I am very impressed with the new line, many items I want to add to my home. I bought the charcoal knitted floor pouf, and it is awesome.

Anonymous said...

There are a few things I like but I think they are kind of pricey for what is essentially just Target stuff.

I haven't seen the Threshold line yet but as a currently floor pouf-less person, I am intrigued.

Amy Lynn said...

Thank you for posting this. Unfortunately, not only is there nothing I would even remotely want until it is at least 50% off, but the price point is WAY too high for Target. Some of the items are pretty awful, IMO. I am so disappointed in this. I am afraid it is not going to be the hit Target anticipates, and I wonder if regular NM shoppers aren't going to scoff at much of it. I think we will see a significant portion of this collab go to clearance, but that is probably okay since my cynical view on it assumes that the cost put into production is low enough to ensure a profit at clearance prices.

And on another note, there is this:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/target-to-match-some-rivals-online-prices-this-holiday-season/2012/10/16/9c4cf676-17c2-11e2-a346-f24efc680b8d_story.html

Quite a different story than your post here:

http://target-addict.blogspot.com/2012/09/target-plans-to-sidestep-holiday-price.html


floating thru fields said...

wow really disappointed, I mean like you said in an earlier post they aren't going to replicate their best sellers but all the little boxes and stuff that would not make a really good gift. You are right the plates are pretty and yeah you can only have so many decorative plates lol

The Threshold line does have some pretty table linens.

Music said...

I am a sucker for the concept of "Diane von Furstenberg for Target" alone. That would be cool as a separate line. And I'm digging the Lela Rose dress - but it's flippin' $100!!! I'll just hit my local Trina Turk outlet or whatever to drop $100 for something else instead. (Granted the real Lela Rose stuff is over $1,000 a la Missoni.) And Marc Jacobs and Marchesa? Crazy concept. But I honestly don't like Marchesa in general. Not my style. De la Renta tote looks cute but will have to be seen in person re: quality. I like seeing the name Tracy Reese - but don't like the top featured. Hmmm...if you're a whore for fashion names, this collection is enticing. Otherwise, not such a big deal.

Target Addict said...

Critifur: do you know where I just saw a bunch of those poufs you mentioned? In one of the really high-end store windows in the Caesar's Shops in Las Vegas ;-)
I want to say it was Dior or Fendi or someplace like that, and I recognized them right away.

Lois said...

I totally agree on the underwhelming part. There were only a few things I'll look for on sale. Like that cocktail shaker.

http://loisandclarkie.blogspot.com/2012/11/best-of-target-neiman-marcus-christmas.html