Saturday, February 23, 2013

The Lace Look for Less

Lace is still a top trend for Spring, with the Prabal Gurung for Target lace overlay top being one of the first items from the collection to sell-out. Over at CheapChicDaily, they featured several affordable lace looks this week - from retailers like Express and Piperlime - so I thought I would see what I could find in the lace department at Target.

A quick search of Target.com shows a dozen or so lace tops, most under the Xhilaration label. The issue with lace is that there's a fine line between looking tasteful and tacky.  Also, I think lace is best suited to darker colors and neutral pales (like white, cream and blush) vs. brights and pastels.

Therefore, the best of the bunch at Target - IMO - is this Xhilaration lace peplum top in Navy. Besides the lace, this top is also rocking the peplum and exposed back-zipper trends.  I also like that the top is lined, and has a circular "doily motif" vs. a standard floral pattern.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I purchased the xhileration fit and flare lace dress for my daughter. It's pretty nice and is comparable to what I've seen online and in boutiques.

http://www.target.com/p/xhilaration-juniors-fit-and-flare-lace-dress-assorted-colors/-/A-14286480#?lnk=sc_qi_detaillink

floating thru fields said...

this is really cute :)