Monday, May 27, 2013

Fab Find: Converse One Star "Sherwyn" Sundress

Since it's rainy and gloomy in my neck of the woods this Memorial Day, I took advantage of the day off to clean up my overflowing email in-box.  It was there that I found an email from Neiman Marcus (why, I'm not sure, as I never shop there) announcing "violet hues" as a "pre-Fall trend".  Refusing to think about "Fall" when we haven't even gotten SUMMER weather here yet, I nonetheless clicked thru to here to view a variety of violet-colored items in what NM is calling "the color of the season".  And my first thought went to this lovely Converse One Star dress (the "Sherwyn", in Lasting Violet) that I saw at Target the other day.  I was immediately drawn to the color, and considered buying it.  And now that I know it's THE color of the season, I plan to go back and snatch one up in my size.

UPDATE: I tried this dress on, and unfortunately, the fit is "off", so I won't be buying it.  It actually fits really well except for the zipper in the back.  This is one of those "exposed zipper" dresses, and because the zipper is a heavy goldtone metal one - and the dress is made of a very lightweight rayon fabric - the zipper "bulges" out in an odd way in back. Which is a shame, because otherwise, this is a really cute dress! 

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.