Monday, June 3, 2013

New at Target: Evol Frozen Entrees

While perusing my local Target store this past weekend, I saw something new in the frozen food aisle: evol.  Yes, the name is "love" spelled backwards.  The endcap I saw only had the entrees, although it sounds like evol Foods got their start in the burrito business; you can read more about the company here on their website. Besides burritos and entrees, they've also expanded to pizza and flatbreads.  But like I said, I only saw the entrees... and since Target had them on sale 2 for $6, I decided to try the Truffle Parmesan Mac & Cheese and the Teriyaki Chicken.  The Mac & Cheese is described as "tubetti pasta and creamy truffle parmesan cheddar cheese sauce,  topped with insanely tasty panko breadcrumbs".  Besides being vegetarian, it boasts 15G of protein; it also, however, has 480 calories.  I had it for lunch today and have to admit, it was pretty good!   Good  enough for me to plan to seek out their flatbread varieties, which hopefully Target also carries.  I was also impressed by the section their website for cooking methods, wine pairings and salad ideas to complement the flatbreads, making a whole meal out of it.

How about you, readers?  Have you tried the evol brand of frozen foods before, and if so, what are some of your favorites?

3 comments:

Critifur said...

OMG, I love evol! Thanks for this, because it is difficult to find at the grocery store, I hope this makes it easier to get a hold of regularly.

Target Addict said...

Critifur, what evol foods have you tried and do you like? Please LMK some of your favorites :-)

Critifur said...

Chicken Enchilada Bake is my fav, but I need to check out the two mac and cheeses.