Tuesday, August 13, 2013

3.1 Phillip Lim for Target Lookbook

A Bullseye View has posted the 3.1 Phillip Lim for Target Lookbook, which you can view here. They've also posted a short video of the collection, which Target describes as "both beautiful and functional, the collection boasts a fall palette of neutral tones and prints and features a variety of versatile pieces that easily transition from day to night—think classic trench coats, tailored pants, button downs and structured blazers."

It's always hard to tell from the preview pictures, but for me, what I've seen so far seems "just OK". The handbags look promising, but the cartoon prints seem out of place, and are something only the very young could pull off (so thank goodness there's only a couple of them in the collection). The rest of the pieces seem very plain and conservative, which is great if you need something office-appropriate. Unfortunately, I recently lost my job, so I won't be needing any office attire anytime soon - which means I'll probably be passing on this collection altogether.

4 comments:

Amy said...

I am so sorry for your job loss! I hope things turn around for you soon! xo

Target Addict said...

Thanks, Amy! My company had a 10% layoff last month, and unfortunately I was affected. Hopefully I'll land a new job soon.

jacquelyn said...

Target Addict, I lost my job this past May in a RIF (I worked for a defense company). Good luck to you! I will keep you in my thoughts. Thanks for the blog, it was one of my best online finds :)

Shopping Celle said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your job. I know that puts the damper on your shopping. I hope it is only a short time until something even better comes along.
I browsed the lookbook and really didn't see anything really swoon worthy except the big leopard spotted skirt and top (or it may be a dress hard to tell). It is super cute and is already on my wishlist. Most of the rest seems really plain in my opinion and totally not what I was imagining.