Saturday, November 23, 2013

Product Review: Sonia Kashuk's New Radiant Tinted Moisturizer

On Monday I told you about Sonia Kashuk's new & improved Radiant Tinted Moisturizer (at Target) and then on Tuesday I alerted you that the new packaging has a serious design flaw. So I thought I'd round out the week with a review of the product itself.

After trying it out, I can tell you the product is noticeably different. The consistency is thicker - more like regular foundation makeup than a tinted moisturizer - although it still goes on relatively sheer. The product is also drier and much less creamy than the previous formula, and this is probably due to the fact that they've upped the amount of titanium dioxide. It now contains 3.8%, which is clearly marked now under "active ingredients". Previously, the trace amount of titanium dioxide was only listed at the end under the list of "may contain" items. This is evident as soon as you squeeze out the product, as it smells very much like sunscreen lotion.

In short, I'm not a fan of this new formula. For my combination skin, the revised product is too drying. Maybe this will work better for me in the summer months when my skin tends to be more oily, but for now, I'll be using up my "stash" of a couple bottles of the older formulation.

1 comment:

1smileygirl said...

Oh no. I hope I can still get some of the old product.