Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Tuesday's Rant: Sonia Kashuk's New Tinted Moisturizer Bottle

On Tuesdays I sometimes take the opportunity to rant about something I do not like about Target… because although I love ‘em to death, they ain’t perfect. So just yesterday I told you that Sonia Kashuk was changing her formulation and packaging of my beloved Radiant Tinted Moisturizer. I can't speak to the quality of the new product, as I haven't tried it yet. But I can tell you about the new packaging, which is flawed.

Take a look at this picture I snapped in store. Note the area I've marked with a red arrow. The issue is that the cap doesn't fully close, no matter how hard you push it in. Upon further inspection, I found this to be the case in about 1/4 of the dozen or so bottles out on the shelf. While the snap-cap is a good idea in theory - as the older packaging had a screw cap in which the product could build up and cause waste - it's simply defective. Therefore, my advice is to check the cap before you buy to make sure you get a "good" one.


If you're a fan of the older formulation and packaging, you can try to still find it in store. However, the store I visited had already swapped out the old product for the new. You can also try to find the original product on Target.com, although a quick check online this morning shows that it's sold out in all shades except Honey and Tan.


3 comments:

Amy said...

Checked them out at my store yesterday and almost all of the bottles were messed up. What a bummer!

Amy said...

Checked them out at my store yesterday and almost all of the bottles were messed up. What a bummer!

Target Addict said...

Amy: that's sad to hear. I was lucky enough to find two "old" bottles of my favorite shade (Linen) so I'm set for a while. Hopefully Sonia & Target will fix this flaw before I run out of my stockpile!