Friday, February 21, 2014

The return of the jumpsuit...

I've been in denial about the "jumpsuit trend", but I guess I can't avoid it any longer. According to  SF-Unzipped, "From runways to red carpets, jumpsuits made a huge comeback in 2013. Designers Rachel Zoe and Jason Wu were among the many who embraced the trend with takes on the piece ranging from fitted and kittenish to relaxed and elegant. For those of you thinking 2013 marks the end of the revival, think again: Spring 2014 is offering even more reinventions of the look."

And now Target has jumped into the fray with their own versions, like this one (shown here, from Mossimo) I've seen displayed prominently in stores. A quick check of Target's site shows several jumpsuits for sale, by Mossimo as well as Labworks. And guess what, folks? Rompers (which are basically jumpsuits with shorts) are back, too.

What's the verdict, readers? Is this a trend you'll embrace or pass on?

5 comments:

Elita said...

PASS. This is not even flattering on the model, I can't imagine what it would look like on a regular body.

Christie said...

No.

Target Addict said...

Elita: I agree - it doesn't even look good on the MODEL!

Barbara said...

I had a couple of really cute jumpsuits around 30 years ago...

No, I won't be considering one this time around.

Anonymous said...

Check out www.theclassicbrand.com for celebrity look for less graphic tops and leggings. 50% off til Friday :)