Saturday, September 13, 2014

New eBay scam: pre-orders for Target designer collabs

Just out of curiosity, I decided to check eBay this evening to see how many Altuzarra for Target items were already for sale. Keep in mind that the Alturzarra press event happened last week which means some PR folks may already be hawking the samples they scored. But this caught my eye on eBay: a listing only lasting until mid-day tomorrow hawking the coveted pencil skirt in ALL SIZES for a BIN price of $250. Clearly this eBay vulture is taking "pre-orders" and then will show up in line at their local store (which I presume to be Rhode Island, as that's where their eBay account is based) to buy whatever sizes have been ordered. Oh, and don't forget the $12.95 shipping charge this scalper is charging for standard shipping. Buyer beware: don't fall for these inflated prices.

3 comments:

Queen Elizabeth said...

:-L Poshmark listings started popping up also. I saw the faux croc belt for almost 200 dollars!!!

Target Addict said...

Eeek! I forgot about Poshmark, but it doesn't surprise me. Glad I got my peplum tuxedo jacket at retail, and I hope to eventually find the tuxedo pants in my size. Would love to find the belt, too, but that seems doubtful unless I score a return to store.

Ileana said...

I commented to target on Twitter and this is what they said "@TargetStyle: @ileana Our apologies, we can't prevent guests from doing as they please with product, once they have paid for it. Thanks!"