Sunday, January 17, 2016

Product Review: Beekman 1802 Mortgage Lifter Sauce

Back in November I alerted you that Target was teaming up with fresh food advocates and farmers Josh Kilmer-Purcell and Brent Ridge - better known as the Cooking Channel’s “The Fabulous Beekman Boys” - to produce 48 exclusive Beekman 1802 Farm Pantry products for The Bullseye. I recently tried their flagship product - The Beekman 1802 Mortgage Lifter Sauce - and I hate to say I wasn't impressed. While I do like the fact that the Lifter Pasta sauce uses no sugar or corn syrup - and the fact that 25% of the profits are donated to directly help struggling small American farmers - this sauce didn't taste like anything special to me. In fact, it tasted very acidic, which confuses me as it's supposedly made from heirloom tomatoes. For almost $8 a jar, you can find better jarred pasta sauces.

No comments: