Friday, September 2, 2016

Product Review: Sonia Kashuk® Soft Focus Satin Matte Foundation

Earlier this week I alerted you that Sonia Kashuk had introduced a new foundation at Target. Well yesterday I 'road-tested' it, and unfortunately, I wasn't impressed. This is what Sonia Kashuk's Soft Focus Satin Matte Foundation promises: an anti-aging formula with shine-free medium to full coverage. Geared for oily and combination skins, it is infused with blue lotus, daisy flower and mallow extracts to nourish, protect and brighten dull skin.

On the plus side, this foundation didn't make me break out or seem to clog my pores. It went on smoothly, and looked great when I first put it on in the morning. It also felt good on my skin, and was lightweight with no irritation.

By the end of the day, however, I looked in the mirror and the coverage seemed to have 'melted away', leaving all my skin imperfections shining through. Also on the con side, this product has a really strong perfume scent which lingers after you put it on. I think they were trying to be "arty" with the ombre colored bottles (as shown here in the foreground) but the result is that it's hard to see the foundation colors. Plus, there's only a total of 6 colors, which isn't a very wide range of shades. Finally, this product does not include any SPF, so if you're looking for something that includes sun protection, you're out of luck.

I'll be going back to my current foundation, L'oreal True Match Lumi, which ironically makes some of the same "healthy skin" claims, plus it comes in a range of 14 shades and includes an SPF 20. If Sonia was trying to copy Lumi's success, I'm afraid she didn't come close.

No comments: