Sunday, August 6, 2017

Is Target getting rid of their clearance racks?

Today I had a leisurely trip to Target (more so than yesterday) and inspected the new A New Day clothing more in detail. My first impression was correct: it is almost identical to Merona. One difference I did notice is that the dresses seem to skew a bit "younger" than Merona - meaning shorter hemlines and slimmer cuts - which doesn't thrill me. But overall, it's all very similar.

I also noticed that the clearance racks have disappeared in the Women's Department at my local store. Instead, clearance items are tucked into the regular racks. For instance: in this pic, you'll see a few red clearance stickers sticking out (on the Merona denim dresses in the middle) but the rest of the clothing on this rack is full price. One of the articles I read about Target's new brands stated that part of their new retail strategy includes having less sales. I wonder if their plans also include eliminating - or cutting back on - separate clearance racks?

No comments: