Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Have you checked out Universal Thread yet?

As of last weekend, Target's newest brand - Universal Thread - is now available online and in stores. In fact, this past weekend Target debuted the line in stores with dedicated salespeople (to answer any questions) and refreshments (including complimentary Ghiradelli chocolates and Simply Balanced Sparkling Water.)

While browsing, a salesperson noticed me checking out the red peasant blouse (shown in foreground) and asked it she could help me find the right size. She advised that this new brand runs large, so I should size down from my normal size. As it turned out, the blouse on the mannequin was the last one they had, and it was a Small. I took a chance on it - although I usually wore a Large in Merona - and it fit!

I actually spent a lot of time looking around - something I haven't done in the Women's Department for some time, since A New Day has let me down and Who What Wear has taken an odd turn. From what I've seen so far, I'm fairly impressed. The denim offerings are extensive, and come in a huge range of sizes, from women's to plus with regular, short, and long inseam options. For example: these gorgeous embroidered jeans come in 33 different sizes online, so if you don't find your perfect fit in stores, check out Target.com. The price points are good, too: these embroidered jeans (with REAL embroidery) are just $29.99, whereas I recall a similar version from Who What Wear last summer (the the embroidery patches simply glued on) for $36.99.

What do you think, readers? Have you checked out Universal Thread yet, and if so, do you give it a thumbs up?

1 comment:

SLittig said...

Agreed with your observations. The best thing about the real embroidery is that it extends to the knee so you can wear a top out without tucking your shirt in. Bought the embroidered jeans and the little black tee shirt dress which will be very versatile once the season changes. Love them.